Everyone deserves a chance.
Safe Refuge offers a complete continuum of care.
For over 34 years, Safe Refuge is known for offering a complete continuum of care: from residential to outpatient drug and alcohol treatment so that they may retake control of their lives.
At Safe Refuge, we believe everyone deserves the chance to recover from addictions to alcohol or drugs and so our programs are open to the population at large – not just those financially able to fund their own recovery. We also serve clients with combined mental health and addiction issues (co-occurring disorders).
Safe Refuge assists a wide range of underserved clients with a full spectrum of programs designed to help them rebuild their lives and move them to self-sufficiency.
We provide a comprehensive array of drug and alcohol treatment, recovery and housing programs.
We offer Recovery Bridge Housing (RBH), transitional Housing and long-term housing options.
Our counseling services may be included into a client’s treatment program or utilized independently.
Safe Refuge At-A-Glance
- Established November 23, 1998
- Have served over 24,000 men and women for over 34 years
- Based in Long Beach, serving all of Southern California
- Residential campus in Long Beach with adjacent outpatient services
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) beginning in 2001
- Funding from government grants, private foundations, fee-for-service contracts and private donations
Licensed by the State Department of Health Care Services License and Certification Number: 190077 AHN Expiration Date: 10/31/2024
- 3125, 3137 and 3139 E.7th Street, Long Beach CA 90804 Outpatient Certification # 190077CN, Expires 5/31/2025
- 1046 Redondo Avenue, Long Beach CA 90804 Outpatient Certification # 190077CN, Expires 7/31/2024